On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 4:53 PM Art DeKneef <art.dekn...@cox.net> wrote:

> What systems are you seeing this with? You seem to be bouncing back and
> forth between servers and clients making it confusing to follow.

Not at all. As the post says, I'm asking about workstation OSes, Win10 and
Win 7.

Have you restarted your servers yet?

Not asking about servers, asking about home PCs.

 For clients Microsoft has stated to help protect your client machines you
> need:
>

>    1. Verify you have a supported antivirus program.
>    2. Apply all Windows OS system updates including the Windows security
>    update released on Jan. 3, 2018.
>    3. Apply the firmware update from your hardware vendor, if available.

Yes, as I said, I have also read that the registry keys are necessary to
activate the new Security updates. And that advice made no distinctions
betweens client And server Oses.