From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com <listsad...@lists.myitforum.com> on behalf
of Michael Leone <oozerd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:23:21 PM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [NTSysADM] Are the Meltdown/Spectre reg keys needed for
workstations?

I've already issued the registry entries, so it looks like this:

Speculation control settings for CVE-2017-5715 [branch target injection]

Hardware support for branch target injection mitigation is present: False
Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is present: True
Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is enabled: False
Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is disabled by system
policy: False
Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is disabled by
absence of hardware support: True

Speculation control settings for CVE-2017-5754 [rogue data cache load]

Hardware requires kernel VA shadowing: True
Windows OS support for kernel VA shadow is present: True
Windows OS support for kernel VA shadow is enabled: True
Windows OS support for PCID optimization is enabled: False

Suggested actions

 * Install BIOS/firmware update provided by your device OEM that enables
hardware support for the branch target injection mitigation.
 * Follow the guidance for enabling Windows support for speculation control
mitigations are described in https://support.microsoft.com/help/4072698

BTIHardwarePresent             : False
BTIWindowsSupportPresent       : True
BTIWindowsSupportEnabled       : False