From: Jay Woody [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 8:01 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: FW: NewYork Terrorist Attack

>> We all won the war...
>> The Allies. Their decendants. Those of us here.
>> We all lost people in WWII.

The point being here that until America entered into the fray, it was not
boding well for ALL of Europe.  Numerous countries were defeated and had
already surrendered.  Yes, we all won the war, but we all weren't
responsible for that win as many of the "teams" had already left the playing
field.  And it obviously wasn't going well before America got involved.
This goes back to the point that America does care about it's "neighbors".
"We all won the war..." seems a little flippant and not in understanding
with what was going on at the time.  I can tell you that we WEREN'T all
winning the war until America came over and gave it's kids for foreign soil.
Europeans were fighting to protect themselves.  Americans were fighting for
Europeans, our "neighbors".  To now say that we wouldn't care if this (the
terrorist attack) had happened anywhere in the world  is just silly.