Trust me.  By the time Pearl Harbor was involved, it was a forgone conclusion that
America was involved on both fronts.  We were already sending raw materials and
weapons (guns, tanks, planes, etc.).  All that was missing was our people to shoot,
drive, and fly them.

America declared war on Japan but had already committed to everything but "headcount"
on the other front also.  Again, I would like to point out though that this is exactly
what Europe had asked for.  Perhaps America needs to revisit this policy of helping
out rather than "stepping-in" and trying to solve everything.  Although in this case,
war was the eventual outcome (and of Kuwait also), this is not necessarily true of
Bosnia, Somalia and a host of others that we got involved in.  Of course those are my
2 cents.  Maybe people looking back in 50 years will know things we don't.

JayW

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/12/01 10:13AM >>>
Except that the US declared war on Japan only.  Germany and Italy
declared war on the US after that.