>    I'm grappling with the basic concepts. I see, so
> instead of specifying an entity creation order, we'd
> rather let another tool (commons-sql) that can
> decipher primary and dependent entities, split them
> up, and order them by this distinction, and let it
> resolve the dependencies.
>
>    Is my understanding correct ?

The primary problem with the foreignkeys is that because of circular
dependencies between the tables, there may not be a way to order the
table that actually works when using inline foreignkeys (i.e. the
foreignkeys embedded in the tables).
commons-sql circumvents this by splitting this into two steps using
alter table statements to add the foreignkeys to the then already
existing tables.

>    Is there any documentation/ usage guidelines
> available for integrating commons-sql with OJB ? That
> would help me getting kickstarted with the integration
> ?

You only need to use the one Ant task that is described on the
commons-sql website, with the schema that the XDoclet module
generated. An example usage is in the task itself, in the class
comment:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/sandbox/sql/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/sql/task/DDLTask.java?view=markup

Tom