Thurth be told ;

I cheated ! Dad bought a Saab station wagon in 1964 .

It was an........"interesting" car to say the least .

My Father is a Physician and knows nothing about vehicle or how to drive / maintain them so the Saab was p roblematic to say the least .

A Dealer Mechanic wrecked it while trying to figure out why it died so often .

Pops liked it well enough to buy a used 1966 Saab station Wagon in 1969 or so , it quickly went bye-bye though ~ I'd left home long before then so I don't know why he sold it so fast .

I well remember him adding oil to the gas tank after filling it up then mixing it by standing on the rear bumper & bouncing the car .

Yamaha had a perfect oil injection system by then , not sure why Saab didn't .

I work ed in Gas Stations too , real live Service Station where we had three pumps and 7 Service Bays .

I too , have many good/odd/weird/strange/scary stories.....

-Nate

--- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

< p>As usual, Nate wins the prize.

At the age of 16 working as a pump jockey at the corner gas station, I remember driving an early 60s SAAB 96 with a three cylinder two cycle engine and a four on the tree transmission.  It also had an overrunning (freewheel) clutch on the output of the transmission rendering engine braking useless.   Pretty scary machine the first time you drove it.