Hey Guys,    Can anyone tell me if a 1936 transmission will interchange with a
1937??     Thanks

________________________________
 From: "nathan.h...@lacity.org" <nathan.h...@lacity.org>
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:04 PM
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] FOUR On The Tree

Thurth be told ;

I cheated ! Dad bought a Saab station wagon in 1964 .

It was an........"interesting" car to say the least .

My Father is a Physician and knows nothing about vehicle or how to drive /
maintain them so the Saab was problematic to say the least .

A Dealer Mechanic wrecked it while trying to figure out why it died so often .

Pops liked it well enough to buy a used 1966 Saab station Wagon in 1969 or so ,
it quickly went bye-bye though ~ I'd left home long before then so I don't know
why he sold it so fast .

I well remember him adding oil to the gas tank after filling it up then mixing
it by standing on the rear bumper & bouncing the car .

Yamaha had a perfect oil injection system by then , not sure why Saab didn't .

I worked in Gas Stations too , real live Service Station where we had three
pumps and 7 Service Bays .

I too , have many good/odd/weird/strange/scary stories.....

-Nate

--- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

As usual, Nate wins the prize.

At the age of 16 working as a pump jockey at the corner gas station, I remember
driving an early 60s SAAB 96 with a three cylinder two cycle engine and a four
on the tree transmission.  It also had an overrunning (freewheel) clutch on the
output of the transmission rendering engine braking useless.   Pretty scary
machine the first time you drove it.