Von: "Dan McDonald" <dan...@omniti.com>
An: "Stephan Budach" <stephan.bud...@jvm.de>, "Dan McDonald"
<dan...@omniti.com>
CC: "Prakash Surya" <prakash.su...@delphix.com>, "omnios-discuss"
<omnios-discuss@lists.omniti.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. März 2017 18:08:11
Betreff: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] Quick Test of r151021 ISO Install using Xen HVM
and an "xdf" Device

Share kernel core dumps please so we can debug them please.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)

On Mar 23, 2017, at 1:05 PM, Stephan Budach < stephan.bud...@jvm.de > wrote:

Hi,

following-up on this thread, I managed to get the current r151021 ISO booting
and installing on my Oracle VM Xen host - yay!!

I have installed and tweaked /etc/system such as that the system boots up
sucessfully. However, I am unable to configure the network card, since as soon
as I am trying ipadm create-addr on it, omniOS crashes, dumps a core and
reboots.

Another interesting issue may be the fact that format shows two disks c1d0
<QEMU HARDDISK> and c2t0d0 <Unknown-Unknown>, when there is only one disk in
the system anyway and rpool has been installed on c3t0d0.

Also, there're some occasional log messages to the console about a PCI device
from which no SOF interrupts have been received and which is an unusable USB
UHCI host controller at this point.

Cheers,
Stephan