On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 11:14:25 -0400
Dan McDonald <dan...@kebe.com> wrote:

> During the r151024 timeframe, one of the things on my plate was going to be a
> "install postprocessing" menu option on the Kayak menu.  The idea would be if
> you wanted to get things set prior to your next boot, you'd go into that.  It
> seemed appropriate for an interactive installer, while still keeping the
> spirit of REALLY FAST, DAMMIT that Kayak embodied.
>
> My suggestion, and you can dismiss it of course, it to build the
> postprocessing menu option.  It'd bring up a new screen, full of choices like
> "configure networking", "Set root password", "Add users", etc. etc.

This is exactly the same ideas I have;-)

Add to this that the user should be able to apply a preseed to the
installer (Think of Debian) to have all that done automatically -
imagine being able to remote install through PXE both Omnios and
detailed configuration and installation of extra stuff.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
I have a rock garden.  Last week three of them died.
                -- Richard Diran