> On Jul 7, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Michael Rasmussen <m...@miras.org> wrote:
>
>> Maybe a switch to the OI installer is desirable as it offers a network
>> setting option on initial setup.
>> The OmniOS installer is annoying regarding this

I switched the OmniOS installer AWAY from Caiman because I wanted to
disentangle from Python.

During the r151024 timeframe, one of the things on my plate was going to be a
"install postprocessing" menu option on the Kayak menu.  The idea would be if
you wanted to get things set prior to your next boot, you'd go into that.  It
seemed appropriate for an interactive installer, while still keeping the spirit
of REALLY FAST, DAMMIT that Kayak embodied.

My suggestion, and you can dismiss it of course, it to build the postprocessing
menu option.  It'd bring up a new screen, full of choices like "configure
networking", "Set root password", "Add users", etc. etc.

Dan