Hi Aurélien

the motivation behind OmniOSce is that we have come to love the the stability
and
tight focus of OmniOS. Many of us are running large servers that form critical
pieces of our infrastructure. Loosing OmniOS was simply not an option for us.
Since OmniTI gave up on this we were forced start doing the work on our own.

for now our focus is in building on Dan's excellent work, both in updating r022
as well as pulling in new stuff from both upstream illumos and joyents lx work.

we are happy for anyone to join us in our effort, for example also in providing
a more end user focussed repo that goes along with omnios, providing a desktop
environment for those who want to use the os in that capacity.

www.omniosce.org
gitter.im/omniosorg/Lobby

Tobias Oetiker