On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 08:19 -0700, Andrew Deason wrote:
> OS X has a few things like fink, macports, and brew, but that would be
> an extra big "thing" you'd have to install, which is pretty terrible to
> ask of users. I also don't know if those work with kernel modules at
> all, and some have had some questionable robustness in the past. And of
> course, there is currently not enough effort put into the OS X packaging
> right now to do any such migration.

MacPorts can certainly do it --- but I at least am too unfamiliar with
what it takes to get OpenAFS installed and working on OS X to try to
whip up Portfiles.

> SuSE I think doesn't have a repository for software that they won't
> include in openSuSE itself.

https://en.opensuse.org/Additional_package_repositories
in particular they have a Build Service which creates not only packages
but also package repos.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                           sine nomine associates
allber...@gmail.com                              ballb...@sinenomine.net