>Maybe we could require that if you make any changes and use the special
>exception, you must submit the changes back to the FreeCard group? Did
>you ask RMS about this?

Anthony,

 If they have to submit changes, they won't be able to go on developing it,
except maybe for a few additions to the editing environment itself. They
wouldn't be able to add to the engine. Good idea.

 This would only cause problems with people desiring to add closed
technologies to the engine, and if they do that and don't want to release
an XCMD or send us sources and a lib, they're probably not going to support
free software anyhow. I'll throw it into the discussion.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

             http://www.weblayout.com/witness
       'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'