>Alain: My hypothesis is that this is because your
>browser/machine is not rendering the page in the
>middle-frame fast enough. The bottom-frame calls a
>function that it expects to find in the middle-frame,
>but it is not there yet. It is unsightly but it does
>not affect the process. Your case is the first
>exception (perhaps).
> (...)
>Alain: I am going to give your comments and Uli's
>their due consideration, but I don't believe that an
>entirely different web-site system is in the picture,
>in the short-term. I would rather focus my efforts on
>beefing up our documentation and services.

Alain,

 I think the site is well right now. But maybe you could add a file that
contains the most important links for the handicapped browsers? This would
make sure people without JS can join in, but wouldn't require us to change
this web site.

>Alain: More PNG files? Dragging and dropping a PNG on
>Netscape, or anything else for that matter, does not
>work for me. What application is required to view a
>PNG file?

 Netscape 4.7 is able to open PNGs, I think (or maybe it was iCab
http://www.icab.de). You can also use GraphicConverter to view them, or
Photoshop, and I think the QuickTime Image Viewer is also able to open them.

>Alain: In my view, we should put more accent on
>rigorous and readable code in our DEVELOPMENT phase,
>then make optimized off-shoots at press time. The slow
>down in performance will be more than compensated by
>the ease with which we will be able to adapt our code
>base and/or to get more programmers to join in.

 I am sure Anthony will try to find a symbiosis between readable and
efficient (and if not, we can still re-write FreeInterpreter <g>). As long
as he keeps commenting everything with tons of //s, I think we'll be able
to live with it.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

             http://www.weblayout.com/witness
       'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'