On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Yegor Yefremov
<yegorsli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:49 AM, David Brownell <davi...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>> Much to my surprise, I observed a "flash erase_address ..."
>> command erasing data which I didn't say should be erased.
>>
>> The issue turns out to be generic NOR flash code which was
>> silently, and rather dangerously, morphing partial-sector
>> references into unrequested whole-sector ones.
>>
>> This patch removes that low-level morphing.  If desired, it
>> can and should be done in higher level code.

I missed this patch in the flurry... Don't push it(if it has already,
then it should be
reverted).

The whole point of flash erase_address is to allow an address range to be
erased without knowing the precise sector boundaries.

There are "low level" commands that can erase only sectors in a specific
bank if that is what you are looking for.

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00