On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> This is a bit worse than I thought.
>
> This breaks flash write_image as well.

That was *this* problem report, in fact...

> Flash write_image will first erase all sectors in address ranges of
> all segments to be written, then it will write all segments.

In short, kind of broken-by-design.  When other portions
of one of those sector should not have been erased -- maybe
the portion being written was still erased! -- it's trashing
stuff that should have been left alone.

Example:  I might have two images to write, which don't
overlap.  Erase, write one, write the next.  Whoops ... it
needlessly erased part of the first image in order to write
the second one, because they used different parts of a sector.

I'm going to sort through the messages here and come up with
a solution that's not broken-by-design.

- Dave