On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Austin, Alex wrote:
> Read-modify-erase-write on per-sector basis?

That's more work than I want to do for now, but it would be a
more general solution.

My conclusion from looking at that code is that the intelligence
of the auto-erase code is ... a lot less than I've applied when
sorting these things out "by hand".

Not also that the auto-unprotect doesn't include auto-reprotect.

> > I'm going to sort through the messages here and come up with
> > a solution that's not broken-by-design.

Looks like the simplest fix for now is to update the existing
padding code in write_image to just pad to end-of-last-sector.

That code is kind of rude -- its notion of "padding" includes
arbitrary numbers of sectors between sections -- but can be
easily tweaked to handle the two "last section unaligned"
cases reported here.

- Dave