Richard,

Thank you, I stand corrected.
I will be on vacation till 2003-10-15 and will gladly discuss any open
items which
may still exist at this time.

At any rate, you can imagine that we would greatly welcome it if the
changes which
I have made would be accepted into the mainstream code. They do not
introduce
any functional changes to the normal operation of OpenSSL but allow to
build a
version with greatly reduced code size.  I can picture that the two build
methods
could easily coexist and hope that you agree. Other OpenSSL developers have
contacted me directly and have expressed interest in exactly the same thing
what
I have done and requested the modified version.

Regards, Martin

                      "Richard Levitte via RT"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                  To:       Martin
Witzel/Germany/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Sent by:                          cc:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  [openssl.org #676] Small
OpenSSL
                      cottbus.de>

                      2003-09-27 22:46

                      Please respond to rt

I've a small comment to contribute first, then I'll go through the rest
of your contribution.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Thu Aug 14 17:33:20 2003]:

>   - Do not suppress TLS when Diffie-Hellman is excluded.

RFC2246 says the following:

9. Mandatory Cipher Suites

   In the absence of an application profile standard specifying
   otherwise, a TLS compliant application MUST implement the cipher
   suite TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA.

That implies that OpenSSL MUST support DH, DSA, 3DES and SHA.

--
Richard Levitte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]