Richard,

I have just put another version of my patches on the OpenSSL request
tracker. This
new version corrects the issue you have addressed below. It also includes a
shell
script which helps a user to patch an original source tree from
www.openssl.org with
my changes.

Could you tell me what the status is about my request items "small
OpenSSL"?  I would
greatly appreciate if the patches would make it into the mainstream code
not far from
now so I do not have to catch up with changes in the mainstream code and
reinsert
my own each time OpenSSL releases a new version.

Users in the forum have expressed a desire to have such a small version on
various
occasions already. I have supplied my version offline and - except for a
user who had
some difficulties with appying the patches - always heard that "this is
exactly what we
were looking for."

I would appreciate a short feedback from you or the core team about the
status of this
line item. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Regards, Martin

                      "Richard Levitte via RT"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                  To:       Martin
Witzel/Germany/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Sent by:                          cc:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  [openssl.org #676] Small
OpenSSL
                      cottbus.de>

                      2003-09-27 22:46

                      Please respond to rt

I've a small comment to contribute first, then I'll go through the rest
of your contribution.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Thu Aug 14 17:33:20 2003]:

>   - Do not suppress TLS when Diffie-Hellman is excluded.

RFC2246 says the following:

9. Mandatory Cipher Suites

   In the absence of an application profile standard specifying
   otherwise, a TLS compliant application MUST implement the cipher
   suite TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA.

That implies that OpenSSL MUST support DH, DSA, 3DES and SHA.

--
Richard Levitte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]