Dear O-List,

I am currently working on a paper about the world-wide success of origami.

In the google ngram viewer (a website that let's your search for term in
a large amount of books) I looked up origami, and found in various
languages, that the rise of the term "origami" began in the 1980s [1]

Does anyone have an idea why that is?

Did one of yoshizawas books get translated? Did a movie feature origami?

Was it the activities of origami USA[2] ?

I want to analyse in the paper why origami did become a known artform
around the world while a lot of other equally beautfull artforms stay
relativly unkown.

all the best,

Wolf aka Tavin

[1]