Hello,

Sorry, I answered a bit too fast .. my UYOK does not work. :-(

I checked the Network card and it is BCM5720. From a statement onto the Dell
site
"The BCM5720 and BCM5719 are supported by the tg3 driver version 3.119"  into
RHEL 5.8 .
It looks like the first image file did not contain the driver but the new one
(UYOK) seems to have it:
gunzip < initrd.img | cpio --list | grep tg3
lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko

It fails at the same point (DHCPDISCOVER) but this time it returned the minimal
shell.
I checked the INSMOD_COMMANDS  and I do not find the tg3 inside.
I looked at /tmp/si.log and it blocks at dhcp client requests .. pointing
toward the same network issue
in my opinion.

Is there a way to make sure I load the tg3 driver at boot?

Kind regards,
Costel