Hi,

DongInn, Olivier, could you please share with me your way to modify the
initrd.img file?

I modified the old initrd.img file with

gunzip < initrd.img  | cpio -i --make-directories

vi ./my_modules/INSMOD_COMMANDS
to add line
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko

NOTE: the file exists into the cpio created file hierarchy

find . | cpio --create --format='newc' > /tmp/newinitrd
gzip -9 /tmp/newinitrd
cp /tmp/newinitrd.gz /tftpboot/install-initrd-rhel-6-x86_64.img

Now, after loading the kernel file it states that it does not find the ramdisk
image.
When switching back to the old initrd.img it works.

I checked my new image with lsinitrd and it looks ok.

File permissions looks ok.

I am now checking to see if the size does matter for tftp transfer (the UYOK
img file is a little bit bigger).
I modified the APPEND line in pxe default file making the ramdisk_size bigger
but in my opinion it stops before
that step.

If you have any idea please do not hesitate..

Best Regards,
Costel