Hi Stephen,

Stephen Northcott schrieb:
> So obviously there is a build order / compilation problem for me of
> some sort. Or I am making a silly mistake somewhere perhaps?
> Can you shed any light on why SDL, freetype or glew might cause this
> problem, or anything I should be careful of?
Your problem is that GLEW defines GL_VERSION_2_0 without defining the
GL_FLOAT_MAT-stuff like osg does in osg/Uniform. The #define
GL_VERSION_2_0 in glew prevents the #define-block in osg/Uniform.

I think there are several solutions:
1) move the inclusion of glew after the inclusion of osg so that
osg/uniform is seen first by the compiler
2) add the missing defines to glew.h from osg/Uniform
3) undefine GL_VERSION_2_0 before you include osg-headers

I would go with solution 2) and report back to the glew-crew, I think
this is a bug of glew. It says, that it defines GL_VERSION_2_0 but does
not define all stuff related to OpenGL 2.0.

Hope that helps,
Stephan