Hi Robert,

Thank you for helping me. I actually just started using VPB / osgdem
so I can't say I'm familiar with all the concepts yet. I have only
been using osgviewer to view the .ive or .osg models that osgdem
generates. I was terribly wrong to say the alpha channel was being
ignored; If I go into all the .osg files for the database generated by
VPB, and add "GL_BLEND ON" to every geometry StateSet in the .osg
files, the model displays as desired in osgviewer.

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to tell vpb to generate the
database this way, instead of having to manually add them in?

Thanks,
Mike