Hi Robert,

I admit one of the main reason I'm after blending / transparency in my
terrain is that I'm using source imagery that is reprojected from
geographic to UTM coordinates. The reprojection results in a slight
warping of the texture, leaving irregular NODATA bands around the
sides. When osgdem creates the terrain, these NODATA regions around
the border are colored opaque black. I'd like to, in essence, "slice"
off this black, NODATA border. I think VPB by default alpha's these
regions out, but this displays only when I add GL_BLEND to the
resulting .osg files.

Another, slightly less important reason for me wanting to have
transparency enabled on the terrain is that I'd like to make the
bodies of water on my terrain to have a very simple see-through or
reflection type of effect. I say simple because all it would take is
probably for the bodies of water to be transparent in the source
texture imagery.

As you can tell, I am still very new to OSG-- but willing to learn. I
really appreciate your response.

Mike