James Turner wrote:

On 6 Aug 2008, at 22:22, James Turner wrote:

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out. I will go and try a CMake build now.

With a Cmake based build of 2.6.0, I can build OSG fine, but again at runtime things don't seem at all happy. (In a different way to the problems I encountered with the Xcode projects, though - no crazy crashes, so far)

For example, trying to view one of the sample data files with osgviewer, I get: (with OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=DEBUG)

MacPro:Release jmt$ ./osgviewer /Users/jmt/Code/OSG/OpenSceneGraph-Data/cow.osg
GraphicsContext::setWindowingSystemInterface() 0x70a5b0    0x620c48
CullSettings::readEnvironmentalVariables()
<4 repeats>
DriveManipulator::_height set to ==1.5
CullSettings::readEnvironmentalVariables()
<9 repeats>
itr='/Users/jmt/Library/Application Support/OpenSceneGraph/PlugIns'
FindFileInPath() : trying /Users/jmt/Library/Application Support/OpenSceneGraph/PlugIns/osgPlugins-2.6.0/osgdb_osg.so ...
itr='/Library/Application Support/OpenSceneGraph/PlugIns'
FindFileInPath() : trying /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-2.6.0/osgdb_osg.so ...
FindFileInPath() : USING /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-2.6.0/osgdb_osg.so
CullSettings::readEnvironmentalVariables()
CullSettings::readEnvironmentalVariables()
Opened DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.6.0/osgdb_osg.so
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Users/jmt/Code/OSG/OpenSceneGraph-Data/cow.osg".
./osgviewer: No data loaded

And the same happens with any other example - plugins are found and 'opened' fine, but that's immediately followed by an error message indicating that no suitable plugin could be found.

As far as I know, I've followed the instructions in the README - unpack the zip, use the Cmake gui, build with Xcode, install to /usr/local

So I come back to, I must have screwed something up, but I'm unclear what.
Hmm. This is very strange. I do not get this problem. The only thing that I do differently is that I don't install into /usr/local. Can you try running osgviewer from the directory where it is built? You may need to set OSG_LIBRARY_PATH to point to your plugins directory. Can you also show the results of "otool -L /path/to/osgviewer"?

You can also set your OSG_FILE_PATH to point to the OpenSceneGraph-Data directory if you don't want to keep typing that path.

-Eric