Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.  I can do those, but both answers concern me a bit.

The idea of needing to modify the osgDB/Registry.cpp file directly does not
make sense to me.  Why should I need to recompile the OSG source to get a
plugin working?  Isn't that the purpose of plugins to NOT have to modify and
recompile the original source code?

I wonder if I couldn't add the line to my own plugin source code, but I have a
feeling it wouldn't work because I bet the plugin does not get loaded at all,
and therefore the addFileExtensionAlias("csg", "nsm"); would not get called
either.

As for creating another DLL.  I could do that and I know it would work, but it
does kind of confuse me.  If OSG only uses the naming convention to determine
which plugin to look at, why have all of the extra functionality I mentioned
before?  I suppose because someone might have added the addFileExtensionAlias
call, but it seems to me that the plugin should be able to do something like
that itself.

Anyway,
Thanks very much for you thoughts and ideas.
I will reply again with whatever I come up with.
-- Rick