Hi osg-users,

I have a question concerning the palette texture record. When converting a
flt model which texture palette contains useless texture, they are even
read. Is there a way to read only used texture.  Let's say I have a simple
model file using 1 texture but my texture palette in corresponding
openflight model contains 100 textures, so 99% are useless but the plugin
read them.

I know that it is a special case, but when working on Openflight models with
Multigen Paradigm it happens a lot.

Any suggestion ?

2009/9/22 Katharina Plugge <katharina.plu...@web.de>

> Hi Robert,
>
> thanks for the fast answer. The idea to use a findFileCallback is not bad
> and I think it would be sufficient for my case. But in my opinion a change
> in the PlugIn would nevertheless be a better solution. Using a
> FindFileCallback does not allow for the differentiation if the file was
> intended to be read or if this is only a general check. (Is it garanteed
> that PlugIns doesnt use findFile to check some unrelevant/optional files or
> the like?)
> Furthermore using a findFileCallback implies an additional check on the
> file extension to find out, if its an image file.
>

> Cheers,
> Katharina

> Read this topic online here:
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=17553#17553

Alexandre AMALRIC                   Ingénieur R&D