Hi Paul,

*You'd need to modify the OpenFlight plugin to support this.*

I tried to do this but in the TexturePalette::readRecord function there is
no way to know if a texture is used or not by the model. The only parameters
we get from a texture (RecordInputStream) are :
- the filename
- the index
- X
- Y

hi Tomlinsom,

Simplest way would be to open up the file in Creator and use the remove
unused textures command

I know this command in Creator but we want to automatize the process because
we work on hundred of files like this.

Building a creator API is maybe a solution but I don't know if there is a
function to remove unused texture on a Openflight model. I will look for
this.

Kind regards,

2010/3/2 Tomlinson, Gordon <gtomlin...@overwatch.textron.com>

> Simplest way would be to open up the file in Creator and  use the remove
> unused textures command
>
> You could also write a simple Creator API app to do this on a list of
> flight files
>
> Another option would be to load the file in to OSG and save out as  OSG
> or IVE file again you could write a simple script to do this for many
> files
>

> Gordon Tomlinson
> Product Manager 3d Technology & Project Wyvern
> Overwatch(r)
> An Operating Unit of Textron Systems

Alexandre AMALRIC                   Ingénieur R&D