Hi Thilo,

On 18 August 2012 20:42, Thilo Weigel <thilo.wei...@atrics.de> wrote:
> I locally changed Animation::update() to be virtual and inherited my own
> animation class with special "backwards animation" code in the update()
> function.
>
> Would it be possible to make Animation::update() virtual in future osg
> releases? Or is my approach rather discouraged?

I'm not the author of this code so like yourself will have to read the
code and make a decision about it, without this review I can't say
whether changing Animation::update to virtual will present any issues.
 I would suggest that you modify the code and then post it to
osg-submissions so that I or Cedric Pinson (osgAnimation author) can
review the change with a view to merging it with OSG trunk if
appropriate.