Ok...so I upgraded to OSG 3.0.1 and tried this intersection limit test in my
app (setIntersectionLimit())

I first tried LIMIT_ONE. Performance did improve over the NO_LIMIT case but I
noticed that the number of intersections calculated were as high as 6 for some
of the line segments. I would have expected just one intersection calculated.
Why is more than one intersection being done in this case?

Next I tried LIMIT_NEAREST. This resulted in many more intersections
calculated. Some segments got as high as 27 intersections. That would suggest
that this option is calculating intersections and then sorting through to
determine which one is "closest" to the line segment starting point?

I should point out that I'm intersecting my line segments with a terrain
database...

-Shayne