There appears to be a perception that you can only join the osg-users group
using a Google account.  This isn't correct, plenty of folk have already
joined using non google email addresses.

I did a search online about subscribing and came across the suggestion of
using a url in the form:

    http://groups.google.com/group/osg-users/boxsubscribe?email=myid
<http://groups.google.com/group/mojolicious/boxsubscribe?email=myid>

If you still are struggling to subscribe then I can manually add your email
address.  Just email me directly and I can add you.

The trick of banning everyone from joining the old osg-users looks to have
stopped the flood of dubious subscription requests so for now the immediate
issue of me being overwhelmed with support work is over, but it's just a
short term hack as it bans everyone, including genuine requests.