The spec does not specify any standard means for management, just a
recommendation section (in R3).  However, OSGi is designed so that it is
not too complicated to do it, so you can create your solution. Another
alternative is to have a look at the work we are doing on this at Felix
(jmood and mosgi) to provide JMX management suport out of the box.

Hope it helped

Cheers!!

//manuel

Piero Campanelli escribió:
> Hi,
> I am digging into OSGi specification and I have one question. One
> strenght point of OSGi is the Remote Management facility. I can easily
> write applications and services that can be easily remote managed in a
> protocol independent way. What does it mean in practice? What are the
> services that helps me implementing this feature?
> a) Is it the UpNp Device Service Specification ? Using this service I
> can easily create bundles that can be accessed in a UPnP Network. don't I?
> b) Is it the Initial Provisioning Service?
>
> Remote Upload is different. OSGi offers an API to handle lifecycle of
> bundles (install/uninstall) so I can easily write a bundle that accept
> bundles using http.
>
> I am right or am I missing something?
>
> Thank you for your help
> -Piero Campanelli
>
> --
> Piero Campanelli
> http://blog.pierocampanelli.info

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Manuel Santill=C3=A1n
n;quoted-printable:Santill=C3=A1n;Manuel
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Universidad Polit=C3=A9cnica de Madrid;Departamento de Ingenier=C3=ADa de Sistemas Telem=C3=A1ticos
adr:;;Avda. Complutense, s/n;Madrid;Madrid;28040;SPAIN
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Research Engineer
tel;work:913367366-ext 3034
url:http://www.dit.upm.es/santillan