Besides how much legacy code is there really in the default package? I
cannot imagine that there is much at all since it is an open ended package
without any name.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Richard S. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/14/2006 05:33 PM
Please respond to
OSGi Developer Mail List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

OSGi Developer Mail List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: [osgi-dev] Strange question...

John Wells wrote:
> But being able to handle legacy code *does* seem like a good enough
> reason to "bloat" the framework a little.  This can't possibly be much
> "bloat" and the use case of legacy code is compelling IMO.

Not that I don't understand, because I do. But making the OSGi framework
support every ugly thing that every legacy application has ever done is
not good in my book. We have used this reason to introduce some of the
many things already in OSGi, some of which I think are quite
ugly...there is no end to this path, we can always find another legacy
issue that cannot be done. Where do we draw the line? Everyone feels
that their legacy ugliness isn't so ugly. :-)

-> richard