>I try to keep it simple. I use the old XCopy to copy what is important to
external hard drives (2 Copies) and keeping it safe.

Don't use xcopy, use robocopy.

SERIOUS WARNING:

My wife ran a batch file I created for her with an xcopy /S /D for almost a
year to backup new/modified files to a removable HDD. By pure accident we
discovered that it was failing prematurely with a weird DOS command "out of
memory" kind of error (I can't remember the exact error text) due to the
path lengths being longer than 255 characters. So it turns out her backups
were actually incomplete, but mercifully we didn't suffer any ill effects.

Had there been a pause command in the batch file we might have noticed, but
there wasn't. So I replaced it with robocopy /MIR and I feel a bit more
confident now. Remember Murphy's law, then remember O'Toole's commentary on
Murphy's law.