On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Greg Keogh <g...@mira.net> wrote:

> >>*Danger Will Robinson*! A version control system is not a backup.
>
> >That seems like a strange statement.  Surely it depends what you're
> backing up.
>

> Strange arguably, but no: who backs up the version control files?
>

> Version control is *not* a backup. I backup my SVN repositories folder on
> my server, do you?

If they were on *my* server, I wouldn't think of them as backed up.  Agreed,
if they were, you'd need a backup of that folder.  (or a mirror - IIRC you
shouldn't backup a svn whilst it's operating)

--
Meski

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure, you'll
get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills