I dunno, I think the whole Microsoft = Metro is giving the company way to
much credit where the Web 2.0 design crowd owned.. I mean sure Microsoft
figured out grid based design + phone could be a cheaper option to get
developers to produce aesthetically nice code was a good idea but to lump
them with Flat design despite decade or more of designers doing the same
design both in print media and on the web is a bit of an irritation for a
designer like me.

Its like me making a language tomorrow and baking in LINQ style syntax then
getting the credit for it's concept. Which btw is ironic given funnily
enough Coldfusion had Query of Query before C# had it (syntax different but
concept is same).

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes