I am driving 3 x 2560 x 1440 (Dell U2711) monitors off a Lenovo X1 using
Club 3D 4K USB 3.0 dongles (2 dongles + the native DP connector). They work
pretty well (once the initial drivers issues were resolved). That might be
an option to work around limitations with the Surface Dock.

http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/usb-30-to-hdmi-4k-graphics-adapter.html

--
David Connors
da...@connors.com | @davidconnors | LinkedIn | +61 417 189 363