OOTT: At the risk of starting a flame war, I'm going to call shenanigans on
this one (sorry Bec). Whilst most vegans probably have very healthy diets
(due to increased awareness of what they eat) there's nothing inherent in
veganism that actually ensures this, as a quick scan down the vegan society
pages confirms: https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/lifestyle/food-and-
drink. Plenty of sugary treats in that list described as vegan, even beans
on toast is packed with the stuff.

It's *not* about the calories. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/
apr/07/the-sugar-conspiracy-robert-lustig-john-yudkin

OOTT= off off-topic topic