Message

  Can we have the names of these practitioners then?  As a member of the three
consumer groups, I get weekly phone calls from women wanting these kinds of
births, and they have no way of finding out who might or might not support
them…only yesterday I talked to someone who has a friend who has twins, second
one presenting breech, and has been told that the only way to ‘deliver’ them is
in theatre by section, and that there is ‘no-one in Adelaide that would do it
any differently’.  I’d love to know who the ob’s are that are at least open to
discussing this with women, and that’s how I’d frame it, if asked, that these
people would be worth making an appointment with and at least talking to about
it…

  Tania

  I'd like the details too.  I would love to find a supportive Ob in South
Australia,  where I am, and like Tania would be only too happy to recommend
skilled practitioners inside the system here  especially if they don't
encourage epidural and sytocinon.  That's pretty good going.

  Lisa Barrett