1) The main navigation menu cannot be accessed using a keyboard. In our
situation, this is a deal breaker. When pressing the TAB key, if you watch the
status bar at the bottom of the window, you can see that the URL is changing
and it is working through the menu system, but there's no visual way of knowing
that this is happening on the menu bar. In SP2007 this wasn't a problem.

Have you enabled Accessibility mode? If so, is the tab order still not working
through the topnav?

[cid:image001.png@01CC2F37.EFC2CE90]

2) Menu flyouts do not centre themselves vertically on the screen. For example,
if you roll over the bottom link on the navigation menu and it has a
corresponding flyout, and if this flyout contains a long-ish set of links, the
flyout will extend itself over the bottom of the screen, making it impossible
for the user to access those links. In SP2007, the flyouts automatically
re-positioned themselves to move up the screen in a situation like this, making
all links accessible.

That would be a considerably large menu! As a workaround you could add a
minimum-height and additional margin to the bottom of the placeholder to
overcome this. It's not perfect but it works until a fix is implemented.

I was hoping for improvements in this area, not degradation.

Tell me, are the flyout menus even visible when using IE8 or IE9 standards
mode? The only solution I ever found for 2007 using the OOTB provider was to
use IE8 Compat with IE7 standards.

[cid:image002.png@01CC2F37.EFC2CE90]

<<inline: image001.png>>

<<inline: image002.png>>