On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 00:36, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, James Tillman wrote:
>
> > I may have already mentioned this in the past, but I suggest taking a
> > look at modinfo.sf.net.  An example of a project that uses this system
> > is guido.sf.net.  It allows you provide metadata about inherited modules
> > and function parameters, constructors, methods, properties, etc.   It
> > borrows heavily from the JavaBeans BeanInfo specification.
> >
> > The advantage to this system is that the metadata can be stored external
> > to the module, and is only queried when it's desired, so you have no
> > run-time overhead.
>
> This looks good.  Maybe it should be renamed though because its
> confusingly similar to Module::Info.

Interesting.  Module::Info must have slipped past me.  I did ModInfo
last year as a helper system for Guido, and at that time, I check CPAN
thoroughly for similar stuff.  Module::Info wasn't there at that time.

The real package name of Modinfo is Devel::ModInfo, and since it is
modeled after the BeanInfo API from JavaBeans, I'm not really
interesting in changing the name unless it's required to get it into
CPAN or something.

jpt