> >  * Is there a robust all-perl web server?
> >    i.e. HTTP::Daemon combined with Net::Server?
> >    HTTP::Daemon - an all-perl web server (single request at a time)
> >    Net::Server - multi-process, lots of nice things that Apache has
>
> POE::Component::Server::HTTP is all-perl, but I don't know if it
> pre-forks.  POE's cookbook has a pre-forking web server that's a
> little more involved.  There's also POE::Component::Server::SOAP,
> which is a SOAP over HTTP server.

Hi,

        I've been doing a bit of research in this area .... here are some
other things I found interesting:

        [1] http://openpsp.org - Perl only web server
        [2] Networking in Perl - Lincoln Stein's masterpiece book on Perl
            servers - lots of server flavours: pre-forked threaded
        [3] SpeedyCGI - pre-forking Perl daemons [?]

        Unfortunately, none of these things 'fit the bill' for me
completely ... I need a pre-forking, light weight, pure Perl, HTTP daemon
that can do SSL, with GZIP compression.

        All the bits seem to be there ... but not together in one place.

NIge

--
Nigel Hamilton
Turbo10 Metasearch Engine