At 04:55 PM 11/20/2002 -0500, Aaron Johnson wrote:
>On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 14:55, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>> Aaron Johnson wrote:
>... in my case it allows
>for automation/reports on non-mod_perl machines.  I have some clients
>that don't want/allow mod_perl servers on their network, in fact I am
>lucky just to get Perl on it so I have to be happy with what I get :)

Hi,

This brings up an interesting question ...

 * Is there a robust all-perl web server?
   i.e. HTTP::Daemon combined with Net::Server?
   HTTP::Daemon - an all-perl web server (single request at a time)
   Net::Server - multi-process, lots of nice things that Apache has

It would be somewhat analogous to how the Tomcat Java Servlet engine
can act serve web requests directly without any need for Apache.
Or if you want to knit it together with Apache, you can do so with
mod_jk (similar to Perl with mod_perl).

Stephen