Hello List:  I realize that this isn't "Bard Talk (I'm not on that list)..but I
know that some of you use the NLS players..and maybe you can tell me if you've
run into this: I apparently forgot to turn my player off last night!  This
shouldn't be a problem, since it's supposed to shut itself off if not playing a
book..right?  Apparently not!  Last night, I think it still had fifteen hours
left.  But today when I started to listen to a book, it informed me that it
only had an hour!  But it didn't even give me that much; I had taken the player
out to the porch so I could listen while I took my walk on the treadmill (I had
set the sleep timer for thirty minutes)..well..I actually started about ten
minutes before I took the machine out there...I had been out on the porch,
walking along and listening to my book..when it suddenly said "battery low;
player off!"  And with that, it stopped!  So my question is: what's with the
"thirty minutes" thing (is it..or is it not..supposed to shut itself off if you
stop playing a book..but don't actually turn off the power?  If you'd rather
write me offlist concerning this matter, my email is tomca...@comcast.net  If
you choose to write me offlist, please put something in the subject line to
indicate that you are replying to my question concerning the NLS digital
player!
Thanks,
Tom Kaufman