Adrian and list: I'm not certain..but I think I had taken the cartridge out last night. If I know for sure that it's not going to turn itself off, I'll just remember (and I usually have been able to)..to just turn the power off when I am finished! Speaking of that "Power" thing..has anyone noticed that it's a bit tricky? It also seems to be hard to tell when you have turned it on..and when you've turned it off..that is..unless you hold the button down; then..it will go into that mode where it'll tell you all about what the button does! Tom Kaufman