Correct, there's no technical reason anyone couldn't make a class 1
bluetooth dongle that would work with a bluetooth keyboard, but I
haven't ever seen one. I did have one that work with a bluetooth pair of
headpones and an audio receiver though, but these were packaged
together, and I never looked into whether I could make this work for a
bluetooth keyboard or not.

I did roughly what you did at one time, with an RF wireless keyboard and
an RF wireless pair of headphones, but I never took it to the extreme
you're doing. I did briefly look into switching over to bluetooth for
both the keyboard and headphones, like you're doing, but I didn't look
very hard, and I never did find anything for the keyboard. I ended up
giving up on this idea when I bought myself a netbook, which I can now
carry around the house. The netbook has it's own set of pros and cons
though, as you can well imagine.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chalt...@gmail.com