Hi Lee, I am going through old mail, to see if any of it will help on my new computer. I was interested in your transmitter on the keyboard, allowing you to be anywhere around your house and still use the keyboard.

Do you mean that your transmitter has a speaker? So you can hear the Jaws voice, regardless of where you are?

Many thanks! Vicky
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lee Mounger" <lmoun...@comcast.net>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:03 AM
Subject: Freedom From The Computer

Hi Listers,

A few years ago, I decided that since I was using Jaws and had no need for the screen, why should I have to be tied to the computer to use the computer. Here's what I did. I connected an FM transmitter to the sound card of my computer and now use a small FM radio or my Sansa mp3 player which is tiny and equipped with FM to hear Jaws or anything else from the sound card. Then I bought an RF wireless keyboard with a range of a hundred feet or so. The keyboard is small and light and with a transmitter built in. The keyboard's receiver plugs into the USB port of my computer. With this combination, for probably the last five years, unless I have to load a disc or do something physical on the computer, I compute wherever I want from bed, to the living room, to the kitchen, etc.

My only problem is that because it's an RF keyboard, I sometimes have to physically adjust the keyboard receiver's little antenna at the computer depending on where I am in the house. So here's my question. I haven't done anything with Bluetooth and I know some of you are much more knowledgeable about this technology. Is anyone doing the same thing I'm doing with Bluetooth? I think I need a longer range, Class 1, wireless Bluetooth keyboard. Does anyone know where I could buy such an animal? There seem to be plenty of infrared or short-range wireless keyboards out there but the first question from well-meaning sighted computer people is, "why would you want a wireless keyboard anywhere too far to see the computer screen," <grin>. Of course the answer is that you probably wouldn't unless you were a visually impaired person using a screen reader so it's kind of a niche problem. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lee Mounger'

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======