I have both, the K feels a little bit better (and that's saying something, the M feels
very nice indeed) and I prefer the slightly greater "girth" of the focusing ring to
accomadate the 52mm filter thread (also one of the reasons I like my K30 and K105 as
well).  Optically, I haven't done any newspaper to the wall tests, but I am quite
certain that the K is better than the M wide open.  However, that difference seem to
vanish by f/2 and I think that the M may even be a little better @ f/2.8 and f/4,
but I will happily admit to not being so sure on that.  I rarely shoot below f/4  but
I wouldn't imagine any discernable differences at, say 5.6 or below.  They are
certainly
both very nice lenses, with the K being rather scarce compared to the M so tends to go
for more  $$$ when found.  However, you can be lucky, I think I paid $30
bucks for mine.

If I could only have one, I'd keep the K.

Hope that helps,

William in Utah.