Decided to test my 85-210 F4.5 SMCPZ lens
with some TMAX 100 today. To my surprise
I spotted 5 more of the same birds resting
on a temporary construction divider:

http://jcoconnell.com/temp/birds04s.jpg

TMAX 100
1/250 @ F9.5
~180mm setting

Nice "panoramic" shot!

I can say one thing, this lens is awesome
quality. Yes, it's slow, it's bulky ( but
not heavy) and it's very old ( early
70's optical design! ).
True. It is long but quite light probably because of a "light" optical construction (only 11 elements). Its successor, the 80-200 (which is in fact a 83-205), was to have 15!

It is also a rare lens. As I checked the aunction, I was hoping you'd get it at a user's price, not a collector's price, and you did!

A comparison with its successor would be interesting: same difficult shot (fine details both in the sun and in the shade) with both lenses on the same film.

Andre